MoFo Day 26: Ella’s Wood Fired Pizza

We went to see Ani DiFranco perform at 6th & I tonight, so we decided to meet up for dinner at Ella’s Wood Fired Pizza, which has several vegan options, including lightly applied vegan cheese. I suspect it’s Daiya, which I like, but I do appreciate a light hand with it.

We started off with a spinach, strawberry, and candied almond salad, which was sprinkled with coarse sugar. It sounds weird, but it was actually really good!

My pizza was topped with potatoes, roasted garlic, sundried tomatoes, and basil, then finished off with arugula. I was going to save a piece for later, but it just didn’t happen. The crust on the pizza was blistered in a few places, crisp outside, but still nicely chewy.

Comments
7 Responses to “MoFo Day 26: Ella’s Wood Fired Pizza”
  1. Bazu says:

Oh god, anI difranco?? We are one tori amos mention from ending this friendship!

But I actually came by to say omg guess what? We met the Vietnamese Luciana tonight! She has your voice and very similar inflection/manner. Michael never notices, but he and I both turned to each other and said the same thing after we met her (she’s the hotel concierge). Had to pass it along!

Pizza looks awesome.

xo

2. Jojo says:

I had pizza yesterday too! Yours looks awesome, I really need to try roasted garlic on pizza.

• Luciana says:

Do it! It’s really good! This garlic was roasted, then sliced thinly, and cooked a little more in the oven. It was like garlic chips!

3. jessy says:

i haven’t been to Ella’s in ages. i want to say it was about 2+ years ago when i was in town to run the Chery Blossom 10 miler. i totally took advantage of the vegan cheeze (which was FYH at the time) and i had the same salad, too. it was so delicious! your pizza looks awesome and hoooooooooray for Ani DiFranco!

4. oh yum!!
    hey. do you know anywhere in town that does a xgfx pizza?
    xo
    kittee

• Luciana says:

Ella’s has gluten-free crust, but I don’t know if it’s vegan. Zpizza has a xgfx crust, but I haven’t tried it. I know they use Daiya.

5. Angela says:

Hi Luciana,

I was at that Ani show too, but went to Busboys before. The last time I was at Ella’s they told me the cheese was Follow your Heart, which surprised me because I wouldn’t have expected that to taste so good. Maybe it is the light touch that makes it taste so good.